I think it is going to turn out to be a really good idea to make that list I was referring to in this post. The list of ‘Expectations: Met’ has come to mind over and over again.
See, the last week has been grueling in terms of getting where we are supposed to go, with what we need, for whomever needs it.
Tuesday Night’s Choir concert was meant to be a last hurdle before a short breather.
We had to make another trip to the Orthodontist because the “mouth guard, retainery thing” the boy wears, disappeared.
The tree is up in the living room. No lights or adornment of any kind.
Then something happened that could be a routine thing, but in the twinkling of an eye, you know. It won’t be. Hassle. Stress. Dealing with something that wastes time, energy and money.
Did I mention, next week is the anniversary of Mickey’s mother’s passing?
Yeah. The office Christmas Party is on her birthday. She passed the evening before her birthday.
I desperately need a list of things that are going right.
THE ACCIDENTAL ACCOUNTING OF EXPECTATIONS MET OR EXCEEDED
1) The house is warm and solid and looks
freaking sexy when decorated for the holidays.
2) I worked in the attic for several hours the other day and “found” massive amounts of space to store things up out of the way.
3) The veterinarian’s office had the flea control tabs for both dogs this month. The medium can get back ordered. After the new year, I’m hoping to buy several months at a time.
4) Daughter’s solo? Please. She is not afraid of being on stage. She nailed it.
5) One of the other youth leaders called me Wednesday and took my group. Some other families brought the kids home, so Mickey and I could chill.
6) The coffee maker works. Every day. It’s over $100, new, but I got this one for $10 at the thrift store. Five years ago.
7) Whatever the little cold was we were passing around, it didn’t turn into the viral brochitis-y thing that we were warned about. And we completely dodged the bullet on the stomach thing. (I wouldn’t mind a little round with something that would blow a pound or two off me, but only if no one else got it.)
8) I got to volunteer for the home tour. In so doing, I had the opportunity to visit with a near neighbor. It was pretty great. The house was ultra unique in that the couple are artists and they converted a warehouse to a residence.
9) The weather has been fantastic. So we are not fussing with boys about being adequately dressed or misplacing hats and gloves while all this intense action is going on. And the gas bill is not gouging us more than usual. Someone told me we were supposed to have flurries by the 7th. This is why weathermen need to figure out another way to do this. And I need an emergency kit. One of these days, someone’s gonna say,”It’ll miss us.”
10) Today is the last day of Co-op before the holidays. Hip hip…you know the rest. Oooh, the catching up with non-co-op schoolwork that will get done!!!
Bonus: Compared to last year at this time? The cupboard is full and the new TV is this season’s “Soft glow of electric sex”.