Thought I might just squeeze in a little something before time to start the weekend
dysfunction chore list.
1) Give the dogs a bath. Worst pet related task.
2) Give the husband a haircut. (After paying good money for him to get assaulted by licensed professionals, I’m back on the job.)
3) Pick up dog doo in the backyard. I can delegate this.
4) Rake. All the autumn leaves? Never touched. Not one time. Not by anyone. They’re getting gross. Today is the day.
5) Wrangle children. When there is work on, it’s like trying to give a cat a bath. You can make them participate, but not without bloodshed.
That should about kill it for Saturday. Before I explode onto the list;
by myself because the guys have the March Madness Elusiveness Syndrome…I thought I’d flick a little randomness on you.
1) Instagram was worth the wait. A picture is worth 1000 words. You know how I love 1000 words. It forces me to look for the beauty in my life.
2) It’s time to start thinking about next year’s homeschool. Which makes me panic about this year’s finish up. Be glad you are not my child. If you are having a bad day, you could always think, “My mom isn’t about to drop the hammer on me.”
3) Next year’s subjects. Should be their senior year. A couple of moms at last night’s mandatory co-op meeting were trying to talk me into making the girls take a fifth year of high school. Why? I found myself walking away, shouting (Yes. Shouting), “They need to GROW UP!!!”
4) Mickey fixed the dryer last Saturday. I’d been trying to do the hanging up to dry thing for about three weeks. It saves money, the environment, and something else. Man alive, is it a lot of work. I am so grateful for that dryer.
5) It seems young girls can survive on air and a crush.
6) It seems that little boys can survive on basketball and a lot of food. When the grubby little dirt ball is not in front of the TV, he is outside with a sad, worn out basketball. The good basketball won’t hold air, and the cheap one has a hernia where the valve is. He has begun looking at my food before he finishes his own and asking if I think I’m gonna eat all that.
7) If volleyball doesn’t start soon, Volleyball Girl is going to self-destruct and take the house down. Every time there’s a volleyball reference, she glows.
8) We are not getting a puppy. Or a kitty. That is all.
9) It’s Spring and you know what that means… That’s right. It’s hair removal season. There are five razors in the shower; three women live here. I’m pretty sure someone broke in the house and groomed a poodle in that shower last week. I left the plumber a voicemail.
10) It’s Spring and you know what that means… That’s right. The sap is rising and something is blossoming. Even it something is too fragile to be touched yet, it’s so heartwrenchingly gorgeous you could stand still in one place and just watch it grow all day. Don’t miss it.
This is where it would be really cool if I had a blog thing with Benedryl.